Thursday, April 09, 2009


Photos bring back past memories.

Out of the blue, I was viewing the photos I took before enlisting to the army. Those sure bring back alot of memories. They reminded me how much money, how much time and most importantly how much effort I did to protect my precious hair.

The right shampoo, the right conditioner, the right wax and clay, the right hairspray and the right hair treatment. I suddenly realised how free I was when I was at the 'I-want-nice-hair' age. I remembered how I did hair treatment everyday. And i really mean everyday.

I play with my hair colors every 2 to 3 months. From a full dye to full dye with highlights and to highlights. My hair colors always have a wide range. Black was seldom a choice. Most of them are copper, blonde, orange, magma, red, pink, purple, ash white and lots of colors that I am really lazy to name!

I still remembered how vain I was. I spent at least 30mins doing up my hair before I go out to anywhere. Whenever I had bad hair day, I will even keep washing off the clay and redo again and again. I look at every mirror I came to. I visited the toilet for mirror every 1 hour to make sure my hair is still doing good. I never alight at SomerSet MRT because it's well known for birdshits. I will run away from most fans that I encountered outside. I dont go to school on a rainy day because I dont like raindrops on my hair. I dont like walking outside building because I hate the wind. I love people who always ask if I did rebonding for my hair when I did not do anything to it. I am proud of my precious hair!

I cant believed I was that a vainpot!

Oh well, that's the period of youth and 'I-want-nice-hair' days.

No comments: