Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Family

When you think of your family, what emotions do you feel ? We all feel different emotions, whether it is love , affection , sorrow , resentment , anger , tension , grief , appreciation , or just confusion . One thing we all have in common is that the word family will cause us to feel some emotion .

Our parents were the happiest people when the moment we step onto this world . The joy of theirs can never be represented by words or numbers . They fed us when we cannot eat on our own . They taught us how to stand and walk . They taught us how to speak . They taught us what is right and wrong . They work so hard to give us everything that we wanted . They sacrifice their time for us .


But when they grow older in their teens , why are they complaining about their families . Why would they say that their parents dont even understand them abit and give them what they wanted . Why they blame their parents for being poor and cannot give those stuffs that the rich kids get . Why do they hated their parents . Why ..

When i step onto this world , im not in a rich nor poor family . Everything was so sweet until i went to primary school , when i finally get scolding and caning from my dear parents . There were once i was dragged to the park near my house and cane in front of everyone that passes by . From the moment onwards , i hated my dad . We never can communicate , and we will only quarrel when we talk to each other . I never think that much . My mum is the only person i can talk to that time .

Just this year , my dad got the last stage of nose cancer . The operation saved him . While we are in his room , he look into me and trying to speak but he cant . I tear-ed . The amount of tears that rolled down my cheeks were countless . From that day onwards , i promise myself to love my family before i lose them . After he was being discharged from the hospital , our family are more bonded together . But sometimes i will still have problems talking to my dad .

Recently , i was having so much stress for my paper and i decided to talk to my dad . At first , i apologised for calling and tell them that im not coming back to sleep the day before . He kinda scolded me and walked away . That was the time when i cried so desperatly , looking for shoulders . He looked back and sit down . Mum came out and we talk together . I poured everything out just to wanna know what they are thinking as my parents . My mum and dad shedded tears while looking at me . They encouraged me that night and my dad told me something . This was what my dad said : " Since when i never give you the thing you wanted . Since when i ever say a single NO . " . I knew i was in the wrong for being so demanding and said they never loved me . But now , i can see how they loved me by the words and action they did . I never regretted shedding those tears .

Parents are the first and the last to ever love us . Do not ever think that they dont understand us . Do not ever think they do not care for us . But do cherish the family you have now and live without regrets .

No comments: